We have been at Wookey Farm now for five and a half years and are fast out growing the mobile home. Ali and Edward are growing and so is their stuff!
We feel the time has come to apply for a house, as the process from applying to having a roof over our heads could easily take another couple of years.
Our application was registered into Mendip’s system on Wed 16th March and should be decided within 8 weeks (This is just for outline planning permission to see if we can have a house. No drawings/plans submitted at this stage) Planning Reference – 2016/0459/OTS
If you would like to write a letter of support, that would be fantastic and much appreciated. Deadline – 28th April 2016. Please send direct to:
Miss Lynsey Bradshaw, Planning Department, Mendip District Council, Cannards Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, BA4 5BT
You can see the full application on the Mendip Planning Portal but here’s a summary:
– We’ve been here for 5 ½ years, building up our dairy goat farm
– We process all milk on site, making a range of cheese, bottled milk, cream, yoghurt
– Have made a successful, profitable business from the dairy goats which is supplemented by income from campsite and meat
– Currently employ 6 locals who work part time helping with goats, processing, markets and general building and maintenance
– Benefit the local economy through campers going to local pubs and café and through providing jobs for local people
– Benefit the village by getting more people into the countryside, finding out about farming and cuddling baby goats!
– Open the farm for ‘Open Farm Sunday’ and to school visits, including very successful Christmas Experience
Ian and Sarah