Wake up to the sound of birds and stunning views of the Mendip Hills at Wookey Farm campsite. Situated near the famous Wookey Hole, our farm can be found down a lane from the sister village of Wookey, 2 miles from the lovely historic city of Wells.The level 2.5 acre site is part of a small family-run goat farm, where children can pet the animals, and campers of all ages can learn about the day-to-day running of a dairy goat farm. We currently have a herd of around 90 nannies (milking goats), 2 billies, teenage goats and kids. We also have lambs, Mr Pickles the donkey, rare-breed pigs and piglets at certain times of the year and hens.
We have two camping fields:
Campsite 1 features:
- Marked out pitches – Spacious 11m x 11m pitches + 4 smaller pitches
- Campfire areas next to pitches and logs for sale
- Individual recycling bins on pitches
- Chemical disposal point
- Electrical hook-ups on the larger pitches
- Compost loos
Campsite 2 – the meadow field features:
- Open meadow – you choose your space
- One large communal campfire area or bring your own firepit
- River meanders past the field
- Rope swings
- Compost loos
- No electric hook-ups
Both fields and local information:
- Welcome tents, campervans, caravans, trailer tents
- Well behaved pets welcomed
- Mains drinking water
- Electric car charging point in front of main barn
- 3 village pubs (serving food)
- The Wookey Hub (cafe and village shop run by Andy)
- Village church
Please note there are no showers. Why not try a refreshing dip in the River Axe!?!
Our aim is to run an environmentally friendly campsite which has a low impact on resources and keeps as close to nature as possible. To find out what we’re currently doing and our future plans, please look at our sustainability page.
On our door step there are many local attractions including Wookey Hole, Wells Cathedral, Glastonbury, Clarks Village and Cheddar Gorge to name but a few. Also within easy reach there is Longleat Safari Park, Bath, Bristol and the beaches around Weston-Super-Mare.
It is a perfect spot for walkers and cyclists who can explore the West Mendip Way, the Strawberry Line , Glastonbury Tor or perhaps a gentle stroll along the River Axe which meanders through the farm.